Thursday, October 12, 2006

Corporate Culture

Every company has their own culture. Like in the first company I worked for, men talked suggestively and make dirty jokes. But it was really funny and entertaining. In another firm I worked for, they put sex on the table and talk about it during lunch. Generally, the shipping and logistics industry is a sleazy, corrupted and vice-full one.

So you can imagine me finding myself in a totally foreign place in my present company. Nobody talks about sex and such. Nobody talks about affairs. Their jokes are so clean. If i talk about breasts, they'll laugh loudly like they've never heard it before. If I try to suggest something remotely related to sex, they'll giggle and hush me, like it's a forbidden secret.

Why like that?!

I like talking about sex. It's a universal topic that many jokes generate from. Apart from making fun of my friends on their appearances, e.g. ugly face, big tummy, etc., this is the other thing I can tease people on. Like, I can laugh at Sian and make up stories about him using the vacuum cleaner on himself becos he wants to know what a blow job is like cos he's never had one. Or just talk about Ogre playing with his blown-up doll.

Not talking about sex = No Life

Therefore, I now resolve to bring more "Life" into my team. They need one.


11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you must be in a church, your office is next door.

imnothere

7:55 AM  
Blogger Sibeh Sian said...

Vacuum cleaner your head lah vacuum cleaner :D!

I blush when people talk about the birds and bees, hahahaha :D....

9:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

erm... majority of the people can't take straight dirty talk. you are one of the few people who can give, as well as take such jokes.

good luck trying to bring more 'life' into your team! it might just spread to the rest of your company. :)

10:46 AM  
Blogger Green Ogre said...

Yeah! Yeah! Every body should get on with the sex programme. After all, it's something natural that your body participates in.

You're right. They need to loosen up. And laughing about sex beats laughing about Kena-Suan, who you should introduce to chio members of your team. Stick him some temptation and see how he reacts. It'll be fun. His life hasn't been messed up in a while. :P

11:17 AM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

anony: no leh. no religious bldg nearby.

sian: pls lah, dun pretend lor. i know how hard up u are.

ensui: hahah ... it's hard to change a culture though. my company employs over 2000 people in SIN. Would be quite a challenge to actually spread a certain culture.

ogre: oh man, u are sick. hahah ... but i agree wif u =p

1:24 AM  
Blogger imnothere said...

'ware, you don't know anything about your coworkers yet. a word in the wrong ear can land u in hot water.

me no anon. i am iamnothere...wait, i am here, i mean my name is iamnothere...umm...i am confused.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Sibeh Sian said...

How about introducing to them Chinese chess instead? They will love you for it I tell you :)

8:43 AM  
Blogger imnothere said...

hmm, its out of context with the post, but did u studied at melbourne?

2:40 PM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

urhere: no worries, my eq very high one. i know what can be said and vice versa.

nope, i didn't study in melbourne, altho i almost did. i wish i had gone to melbourne tho', it's such a beautiful place. me studied in sub-tropical brissie.

sian: fuck u.

10:55 PM  
Blogger yanZzz said...

wahaha takes time takes time
let them immune into ur topic
then nx time round u will find your kaki le ..

2:01 AM  
Blogger Ang Ku Kueh said...

my new work place also like that.....sighz....must re-educate, hehehe....

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home