Friday, August 18, 2006

Please don't do that

At the end of my tuition session today, my students, the twin girls got a massive yelling from their grandaunt. Apparently, they screwed up the timing for tuition and while I thought it was a pretty minor issue, they had a terrible scolding.

Anyway, when I was leaving the place, i gave a lift to the said grandaunt to a nearby hospital. During the journey, she was saying how she had to yell at them so that they would listen and be more obedient. She also said that she took them in, cos she felt sorry becos of their family background and it was tragic if the girls continue to stay with their dad. That was when I found out more about their story.

These two girls' parents don't seem to care very much about them. In fact, they don't see their parents often. Their father has re-married and during the times when they were staying with their stepmom and stepbrother, they were constantly being abused. Said aunt mentioned that the younger twin once got beaten up so bad she had to get a minor eye operation. And the elder one was hit on the head or something. To top it up, it was said that the stepmom would burn them.

I'm not entirely sure what she used to burn them. But the word, burn, itself is a terrible act to use on children, irregardless of the tools used. They had it so bad once, that they ran away from home. At the age of 7.

When I heard that, I don't know why, but it pained me.

We hear stories of child abuse all the time. And you feel sorry for the kids that you read about in the papers. But when it really happens to someone you know, and perhaps somebody you've grown quite fond of, it really cuts.

Now, they're staying with their grandaunt and while I would assume it's a smaller place, they're much happier. They don't ever want to move back with their father. I have heard that should they fail their coming tests again, they'll gonna have to move back.

I tried not to be too hard on them today. I really want them to do better. I don't want them to ever move back and be abused again.

11 Comments:

Blogger Sibeh Sian said...

Even though I've never met your tutees, I feel the pain too. Why bring your child to this world if you are showering them with pain instead of love?

On a sidenote, you burnt me once! Walau.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Green Ogre said...

Things like this are damn shitty. And you why wonder why these kind of things have to happen, why can't everyone just get along?

But then, there's asking for too much isn't it?

I'm glad you're helping them out. Though ultimately, you can only help them to help themselves. Let's hope they take this chance given.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Sunflower said...

I agree with Sian, why we adult bring child to this world if you know you can't showering them with Love, or even basic care and needs.

My neice (my hubby's sister daughter) and her hubby, both of them is not working but they are conceiving their second child. My neice called my sister-in-law to ask for finanical help.

Seriously, before this happened I already gave my hubby a heads up on what is going to happen next becos they upgrade their flat to a 4 Rm flat recently. But of course, did not expect she is pregnant again!

How can a couple, not working, raise their kids????? So can the kid be xin fu? Without financial stablities, they will be a lot of fights among parent and that will eventually lead to child abuse!

WTF!

9:53 AM  
Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

why the fuck would anyone abuse anyone?!

those are psychos. sickos.

they should be burnt in hell eternally...ccb...

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sibei ironical leh. poor sianz ... .. .maybe that's y so many ppl shower u with love-ly comments.

tutor them well, their key to a bright future. heeHee

7:26 PM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

sian: we're toking abt child abuse here lah, wat has it got to do wif a sick, perverted adult like u?

and u deserved to be burnt. u know that.

ogre: im hoping that this will be a chance for them to learn to be stronger, and not go the other way round.

sunflower: no lah. not all financial distress will lead to child abuse. Usually, child abuse are caused by alcoholics, compulsive gambling, drug addicts, sick or step parents one.

spinnee: wat made me even more dulan is, the abuse was carried out by the stepmom. i mean, if the girls never bother u, then juz leave them alone lah. why the fuck hit and burn them?

freakkler: there is only so much i can do lor. The girls need to work hard themselves to make it in life.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Zhe Bin said...

I cannot think how they would do for their tests. I am only thinking what they were going through when they were abused. Please give them all your TLC. They certainly don't deserve this.

And I seriously hope their harsh childhood would not have an adverse effect on them.

Anyway there's always Adrienne tutor to look out after them, right? = )

(Please say yes. = X)

11:19 PM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

bin: like i said, there is only so much i can do. I can't be there always, esp. if they do move back to stay with their dad.

let's hope they'll do better this time so they can escape the cruel fate.

1:26 PM  
Blogger bigbanana said...

now i just hv to put on my red underpants outside in and wear a mask and go burn that f!@#$KIN sob!

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agreed with Sian and SF. I think it is important to be both finacially and emotionally prepared when you want to have kids.
Raising a kid is no easy feat.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

the poor kids. those monsters should be behind bars or something. there is a line between 'discipline' and 'abuse'. those parents have clearly crossed the line.

i want to see big banana in his red underwear. i'll bring along a video camera to record every humiliating moment. :D

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home