Monday, September 11, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me

Updated!

I received a lot more smses in the later part of the day, and it turned out that my best friends didn't forget abt me after all. Yeah. In fact, one of them took me to dinner with his other half.

Thanks for the pizzas, you guys.

I received a gift that was air-flown in from USA. Sweeet.

One of my buddies called me from Hong Kong while I was having dinner. Nice.

My ex of 7 years called me after a long time of no-contact to send his greetings. Lovely.

My new-found friend called me from Tekong to say, "Happy Birthday!". Heart Warming.

I was a little embarrassed though, that my dinner wif said friend and other half was interrupted by the different phone calls. In fact, said friend asked me if I was sure I hadn't taken up the part-time job of being a bookie.

To all of you who remembered me on this day, thank you. Being remembered means a lot to me.

But I would still want to pounce on that friend who sent that mean sms. Hey, only I can be mean to you. You cannot be mean to me. It's not a two-way street. So you'd better watch out.

***************************


It's my birthday today.

Since last night, i have been receiving birthday smses from my friends, including one currently residing in the USA and one currently in Tekong.

But somehow I feel exceptionally lonely this year. Maybe becos I'm used to a series of birthday celebrations every year that this year, it appears to be really quiet without dinners of any sort.

A friend asked me about my plans tonight and I replied that Mr BF is overseas, and somehow there has been no plans for any outing or gathering. Then he replied, "I hope you will enjoy a cold instant mee dinner in front of the TV later. I promise to think of u while having sushi with my girl :) "

I have assholes for friends.

And I think my two best friends have also forgotten about my birthday :_(

Sigh. So I'm free tonight. Anyone of you who wants to take me out can sms me =)


9 Comments:

Blogger The One They Proclaimed Qiang said...

Wahaha. Cheer up mate ;)
Its your birthday. I believe someone will surely ask you out. Just doll yourself up for time being and wait for that someone to sms you.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Sibeh Sian said...

"I hope you will enjoy a cold instant mee dinner in front of the TV later. I promise to think of u while having sushi with my girl :) "

Walau, what kind of friend is that?!?!?!

Don't worry babe, I'm not as cruel. Go have KFC, it will cheer you up better than any instant mee :)!

Happy BD :)

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

I haven't been celebrating since.... i was 10 y rs old?

'cuz my birthday falls during exam periods back then. :(

3:04 PM  
Blogger Green Ogre said...

Happy Biorthday to you. You were born in the zoo. With the monkeys and the elephants. happy birthday to you.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

happy birthday, girl. may all your wishes come true. :)

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday! ;)

10:53 PM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

xiaoqiang: I didn't doll myself up, but I did get that sms =)

sian: it's a fucking lousy friend who i want to stab every time i see him.

you tell him to be careful while walking along the streets.

spinnee: I wasn't looking forward to celebrating my birthday. I juz wanna be remembered.

ogre: erm, thank u?

ensui: thanks! =)

anonymous: thank you!

12:47 AM  
Blogger Sunflower said...

Happy Birthday to you

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy bday =)

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home