Friday, September 01, 2006

A story to share

I am very sorry for the lack of updates. Been real busy, but erm, in a good way. I am, for the time being, a happier person =)

Anyway, I was talking to a buddy a couple of days ago and I brought up all the different kinds of fun during the poly days. Suddenly, I recalled an incident that I've since blocked out of my mind, due to its repulsive nature. Nonetheless, I decided to share that incident here.

It was during year one and for some stupid reason, the school decided to organise some event at the sports complex. I've completely forgotten what the event was. All I remember was at the end of it, everyone was invited to the field for some dancing. Yes, it was real cheesy. My buddies and i were getting ready to go when the dancing began, until we saw a particular guy dancing along with his other super annoying groupmates on the field. They were dancing to the rhythm of "Macarena".

Now, if you all remember, this song had a particular dance step choreographed to fit the beat of tune. You were supposed to fold your arms or something and the final move, was to twist your butt while jumping to face another direction.

Then, it was rather disturbing for us, cos that particular guy always portrayed himself to be a real nerd who sucked up to lecturers. Not only was he not attractive, he was repulsive. At least to me then. When I saw him dancing, I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. At the point where he made that twist and turned, I let out a laugh, with a tear in my eye.

The guy, was none other, than Mr Sian.

===================

P.S. For the record, Sian wasn't an apple polisher. Really. His groupmates were, though.

Sian, I'm so glad I managed to find some dirt. More will come =) But I want to apologise for thinking that you sucked up to lecturers. Hee ....

9 Comments:

Blogger Sunflower said...

I am sure he danced like a chicken since he love KFC so much

3:01 AM  
Blogger Green Ogre said...

Wahliao, Damn no image lah. It's quite hard to imagine him doing that actually. And he looks so... normal... That song is in my banned list.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Sibeh Sian said...

OEI!!!!


Too much. Disappeared for so long, and the first thing you have to do is dig out our unglorified past. By the way, not only did we do the macarena, we had the special dance move to New Age Girl too. Heh.

And, ahem, D***** was in my year one project group too, haha.... He might come after you with something sharp for bitching about him :)

9:56 PM  
Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

oh fuck. i used to see that in the past in my sch too.......

now...which poly u guys in ah???? O_O.

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oeeiiiii Macarena! Eh, glory is for those who tried! It's not easy to have the guts to wiggle (such) a butt like that okie. Give that man some credit, give that man a.... KFC!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

0.o

erm... i agree. i think the only time/place that nerds are un-repulsive is when they're studying at home/school and at sim lim square.

however, it seems that the fashion is now oriented to nerd-ness (all thanks to japan's TV show Densha Otoko >.<). perhaps you want to reconsider sibeh sian? :D

11:45 AM  
Blogger LR said...

They still have that dancing tradition at the poly you know (i'm currently a student there). But the songs are.. somewhat better. I think.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

sunflower: u very insult the chicken lor.

ogre: quite scary if i were to post up such a pic, no?

sian: hah ... he won't. he's my faithful mj khaki.

spinnee: TP lor.

rationalneurotic: hor! i bet u were one of those that danced to this song lor! and u know the exact hand signs, right right right??!!

ensui: consider him? over my dead body.

le raine: erm .... okay.... i dont think it's the songs tho. i think it's the practice. hehe.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi.. chance upon your blog by chance. Macarena.. Seems like that was the most popular dance song. Was wondering which year were the dance and which poly? During my Yr 1 in NP, I also remember that we were "forced" to learn and do this "dance" from seniors.. Maybe we are the same batch..

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home