Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A short one


I have been extremely busy this past week, which made me too tired to blog. To leave you guys with a new entry, the following is an extract from an email I received a long time ago.

===========================================

Marketing Theories

Source: Unknown


Several people I know have asked for me an explanation of Marketing. Perhaps the following analogies will help clear it up:


You see a handsome guy at a party. You go up to him and say, "I'm fantastic in bed."

>> That's Direct Marketing


You're at a party with a bunch of friends and see a handsome guy. One of your friends goes up to him and pointing at you, says, "She's fantastic in bed."

>> That's Advertising


You see a handsome guy at a party. You go up to him and get his telephone number. The next day you call and say, "Hi, I'm fantastic in bed."

>> That's Telemarketing


You're at a party and see a handsome guy. You get up and straighten your dress. You walk up to him and pour him a drink. You say, "May I?" and reach up to straighten his tie brushing your breast lightly against his arm, and then say, "By the way, I'm fantastic in bed."

>> That's Public Relations


You're at a party and see a handsome guy. He walks up to you and says, "I hear you're fantastic in bed."

>> That's Brand Recognition


You're at a party and see a handsome guy. You talk him into going home with your friend.

>> That's Sales Representation


Your friend can't satisfy him so he calls you.

>> That's Tech Support


You're on your way to a party when you realize that there could be handsome men in all these houses you're passing. So you climb onto the roof of one situated toward the center and shout at the top of your lungs, "I'm fantastic in bed!"

>> That's Spam!!!

====================================

Say, you're the handsome guy at the party, how would you like to be approached?

7 Comments:

Blogger barneysaurus said...

I read this mail before it's still damn funny nonetheless :D!

Sheese. My papers are coming. I need divine intervention again :P!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

barney: Every semester, i hear this from you. I can pray for you but I charge high.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

this is a great post. its really funny. lol... :D

here's one more:
=====
You're at a party and see several handsome guys. You approach each one and say, "I'm fantastic in bed." Then you arrange a schedule so you can date and bed each guy per week.

>> That's Project Management
=====

and which guy wouldn't want girls falling over for him? :p

8:34 PM  
Blogger Zhe Bin said...

Er.. maybe before I can go to the party and she appears right before me lying on my bed asking me over, is the best approach. That is called After Sales Customer Service. Okay lah before lah. But still Customer Service am I right. So prompt some more. No fuss.

I wanna blog about this. Heehee.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Green Ogre said...

A woman would come up to me.

"I've heard that you're fantastic in bed. So what are you doing after this? I hope you've drinks at your place."

I would take a quick glance at her. I haven't noticed her before, and there's reason.

"Er, yes, I have plain water at my house. Actually, I'm not doing anything other than going home to sleep, but I'll be nice and tell you that I'll have to rush off and counsel a friend who's contemplating suicide. You're nice and forthright, so I won't say it to your face that you cannot make it. We could exchange telephone numbers, but I'd never call and you'd hear some other random person's voice.

Still, I appreciate that gesture, but I'm sure that fat bloke over will take you up on any offer. If you like, I could introduce another friend who's super sexed-up to you. Have a nice life. Bye."

That's QUALITY CONTROL and DUMPING GOODS.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

ensui: look at ogre's comment, he exercises quality control so i guess he'll not want all girls falling over him. Just the good-looking ones. But he doesn't realise that if the girls are indeed good-looking, they wouldn't be approaching him in the first place.

zhebin: wah lau, this remind me of those people from the church who would show up at your home without being invited to preach. Also customer service? hehe.

ogre: Nice theory, but I know you wouldn't do that. Even if you did, u'd be bragging to me abt how girls tried to come on to you, with a lot of exaggeration.

1:38 PM  
Blogger NA said...

This marketing concept sounds familiar =)

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home