Friday, March 31, 2006

Virgin no more...

I was breaking out in cold sweat. All four of them were trying to pin me down. Two of them went to guard at the door to prevent my escape. They put me on a seat. There was a lot of chattering, all trying to calm me down. I couldn't do it. I wasn't mentally prepared.

After a fair bit of reassurance that it wouldn't hurt, I finally decided to get over and be done with it. After all, it appeared there was no way out.

"OK."

"1,2, 3."

In it went, through my flesh, bringing along the shock that travelled through my body. It was very painful, contrary to what I was told earlier.

"yeah!!"

"Good girl! Good girl!"

"You did it!"

I was, by then, almost teary.

And from then on, my ears, are virgin no more.

Just in case you're wondering why I made such a big hoo-haa about the piercing of ears (where millions of the people on this globe had experienced), let me tell you a story; the one that explains my phobia for ear piercing.

When I was a little girl (around 6 years old), I went shopping with my mommy and when we passed by the jewellery section at OG, my mom asked me if I wanted to pierce my ears. I didn't understand what it meant, but we ended up queueing up anyway and we were the next in line. There was a little girl, my age, in front of me. After the "snap" sound, all I heard was a string of wailing and bawling. That little girl cried so loud that even now, I can still hear her scream.




That was when I told myself, that ear piercing "is very, very, very painful. I must always remember this. So that I will never pierce my ears."

Just when I thought my ears will stay virgin till the time I lay in a coffin, I decided that they need some ornamentation on the biggest day of my life. While love conquers all, vanity, conquers fear.

By the way, the people who "dragged" me into the jewellery shop was a bunch of ex-colleagues. They pacified and "tricked" me into getting it done and throughout the ten minutes we were there, they were noisy throughout, with their words of comfort, reassurance and motivation. I didn't know whether to feel grateful for their over-enthusiasm or embarrassed for the unnecessary attention they were inviting. Although I do think that they actually enjoyed putting me through the ordeal.

Needless to say, I'm never going back to the same jeweller.

On a semi-final note, I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed that none of my friends appeared to have noticed the difference in my ears. Hell, I thought I actually look a bit better. It sounds crazy, but it's true.

On a final note, please be advised that all of you, regardless of whether we're friends or foes, are welcome to buy me earrings. Price doesn't matter. Anytime. Everyday is my birthday.


16 Comments:

Blogger Zhe Bin said...

Wah interesting testimony. Now I can tell the girls that after their first times, they will get prettier, and will want me to make them feel like it's their birthdays everyday.

Anyway I've got two pierces on my left currently, but I've pierced the same spots once before. So it makes it a total of 4 pierces, wor.

And I've got 2 tattoos. I win!

On a semi-final note, I can't tread water because I nearly drowned once LOL. So the moment I start swimming it has to be from an end to the other. Strictly no stopping. So yeah. Childhood really shapes you.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Zhe Bin said...

Oh, and before I forget, is the ear the only erm.. part you're gonna share? I'll be coming back to check though.

Heeheehee.

And! If I'm not wrong Blinkymummy also doesn't have ear piercings leh.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

bin: eh, share share where ur tattoos are leh ... i also wanna tattoo! but u can tell fm this post that im extremely scared of pain.

waa ... keep swimming ... so ur body muz be *ahem* very yummy lor??

hehe .... keep coming back then! i may share with other "virgin no more" information one of these days .... bet when u read the title of this post, u were expecting other stuff rite?

12:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

there was once when i saw a little girl, no more than a few years old, who had her ears pierced. her parents said that they pierced her ears in an early age coz when she crys, she can't tell you it hurts. her parents would then mentally treat the crying like any other crying i.e. crying when hungry, crying for attention etc etc...

it kinda makes sense... in a weird way. :p

in any case, congrats on having your ears pierced! earrings are cheap so i'm sure your friends won't mind buying them for you (as long as it doesn't have diamonds in them, or something >.<). :D

6:36 AM  
Blogger Zhe Bin said...

Surprisingly I wasn't expecting anything more than what I should/shoudn't know lah. Or anything alarming lor. I mean, you where will so 潇洒 start blogging not long ago then share this kind of thing one. I think you blog 100 years also won't share lor. Right? Hahahaha. Cos' I also won't share, I think. Like not v.道德 like that. A bit kiss and tell, which is kinda bad. heh.

12:56 AM  
Blogger barneysaurus said...

If I am a char bor, I won't go pierce my ears lor! I think. Haha....

7:38 PM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

ensui: ain't the parents trying to delude themselves then?? but it's good to pierce young, cos kids don't seem to feel as much pain as adults do. i mean when i go blading, i see kids falling down hard and they'll climb back up the next minute. hahah ....

bin: not really. if i can write my experience in an interesting manner, i dun really mind putting it down on my blog.

erm, is this your way of trying to get me to write such stuff down??? hahahah ..... i've written RA stuff down before in this blog, but that was some time ago.

barney: so, now u do it because u're a Ta Bo???!! kaoz, u are one gay dino.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Green Ogre said...

You've finally done it? It wasn't too bad was it? The first time is always a little unpleasant. Don't woory, you'll get used to it on subsequent times. Heck you may even learn to enjoy it.

Heh, unfortunately my piercings have closed up. And I have passed on all my unmatched earstuds and ear rings to my sis.

Heh, I'm contemplating another tattoo actually.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

ogre: yes, i did it 3 weeks ago. And none of you noticed =(

anyway, how many more markings do u want on your body?? do u know that tattoos on white tofu bodies such as yours is not very nice?? hahahah ... or is it becos you juz yearn for the pain that comes with tattooing, you sick bastard?

10:50 AM  
Blogger Zhe Bin said...

Hmm.. I think tattoos on the colour of this space I'm typing into is the best. No offence though, but I won't recommend people of races with dark skin tones to go for tattoos. Cos... Not v.obvious mah right. Since you want it done you want to see something. Ya, you know, must see something. LoL. Not just some swell and then a patch of stuff after.

Nowadays everything also must be politically correct I don't know clicking 'Login and Publish' after this will get me into trouble or not HAHAHAHA.

Do you have Malay/Indian friends reading this?

5:43 AM  
Blogger Green Ogre said...

A song from Avenue Q.

"Everyone's a little racist sometimes. Doesn't mean you go around committing hate crimes.
No one's really covered white.
Maybe it's a fact we all should face...
Everyone makes judgements based on race!"

I can send you the song if you'd like. It's quite cute actually.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

bin: i'm quite dark one, but i would get the tattoo on a fairer part of my body! hahahah ....

5:32 PM  
Blogger Jaschocolate said...

hi.. first time here..

i also got this phobia of pain.. and havent overcome it yet.. However, i bought a lot of earrings for myself.. Hopefully one day, i will motivate myself enough to get it done.. muahahaha..

*sweats*

8:24 PM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

chocolove: haha ... u bought a lot of earrings when you don't have an ear hole?? dat's so farnie. hehe ... anyway, my ears are sort of recovered, so i can remove the original studs already :)

i think if u're vain enough, u'll be able to find the motivation within yourself to get yours ears pierced.

1:15 AM  
Blogger Jaschocolate said...

but.. but... but... pain leh

11:26 AM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

yes, i won't lie. it's very painful. And there are after-effects too.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home