Tuesday, February 14, 2006

What would you do?

This happened to a friend of mine. (seriously, it didn't happen to me, but to a friend).

My friend had a girlfriend whom he loved (pretty much, I think). But things ended somehow and he kept this teddy bear that she once gave to him. You know, for remembrance's sake. A year later, he started dating this other girl. As time passed by, she got increasingly psychotic and possessive and many a times, insanely and easily jealous of all girls he came into contact with. She was particularly upset with this friend of mine still keeping in touch with his ex, ignoring the fact that these two people had been buddies for a decade. One time, during one of her fits, she made him throw away the teddy bear that his ex gave him. He promised to throw it away but didn't. After all, it was a gift.



Some time passed, and during one unfortunate incident where this psychotic girl decided to go through my friend's stuff, found the teddy that my friend thought he had hidden well. Apparently, he wasn't good at hiding things. Anyway, she went into one of her fits again and started bawling and insisted that he threw the teddy bear down the rubbish chute. Right in front of her eyes.

As unreasonable as it seemed then, my friend did throw the bear away. Obviously, he was mad but he was at a loss upon seeing the tears flowing freely out of her burning eyes.

Now, I felt that he shouldn't have given in because:

1) She was being unreasonable
2) She would only make such irrational demands again
3) There was nothing going on between him and his ex anymore, and the gift just served as a momento
4) His ex, who was also his good friend, would be disappointed that her buddy had thrown away a gift from her

Had it been me, I would have slapped her right across the cheek and ..."SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!" But then again, I don't encourage the male species hitting girls, under any circumstances.

Just wanna share this story.

Now tell me, dear readers, what would you have done?

To the said friend: I'm not trying to make you feel bad. I'm juz looking for more options just in case such a situation ever comes up again. You know, for my other friends.

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Freedom is a very important thing to me. i dun prevent my oliphant from going out with her friends (be they male or female), and she gives me the same respect.

so what will i do? i'll break it gently to her that i cannot live on this way... and then haul my ass out of there in a hurry! :D

5:25 PM  
Blogger Green Ogre said...

Grab a kitchen knife, slash, stab and maim the bitch. She can't scream of course, her vocal cords have been cut. Only this strange bubbling noise from all the blood. Stand and watch in silence as she bleeds to death, wondering how many more assholes I can kill before the cops get me. Will miss the internet connection once I'm in the lock up. I am so going to burn in hell.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

ensui: heh ... for this particular girl, the more gentle you try, the more psychotic she gets.

bittersweet: haha .... good one.

ogre: not surprising of you to act so violently. I'm pretty sure u'll burn in hell, but i think they'll cut u a little slack since that woman that you kill is a psychotic bitch.

11:32 AM  
Blogger pj said...

tell tt chao bitch to shuddup.
hehe :P.

but seriously, if he was going to throw the bear away, he shld throw sthg tt psychotic bitch gave him as well.

she really sounds mental.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

pj: she really is MENTAL. So glad they're not longer together.

4:56 PM  
Blogger pj said...

excellent. Good job on your friend for dumping her sorry ass. :D

1:51 PM  
Blogger barneysaurus said...

In joke: I'll do what Da**** does to his teddy bear in front of the girl... MUagHUAHahu :D!!!! Kidding....

Anyway, freaking busy. Hep me do my projects can :)?

7:39 PM  
Blogger Zhe Bin said...

I think.. this comes with experience. If this is the first time your friend comes into contact with this, then maybe next time (I hope not) he'll have a clearer mind (you know with all the bawling and everything the first thing he wanted to do is to stop it, I believe).

10:15 AM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

barney: what projects u working on now? sure i'll help. how u gonna pay me? heheh .... seriously, gimme a beep if u're dying fm lack of sleep already.

zhe bin: heh ... he sure is! now he is very careful and make sure he knows the girl better before he really commits. I think.

12:19 PM  
Blogger barneysaurus said...

*tears*

You are indeed my best female pal. Will reward you with that nice nice Barney DVD :)

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha...i think this happened to my sis too..However, they din throw away the bear ler cos quite wasteful mah, so now the bear is with me..hiaks..Well...i think that guy oso got abit of problem ler, if he do not want to throw it away in the first place then he don promise it. I hate pple telling lies to me too.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home