Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I just received news that a good friend of mine, E, will be leaving for Hong Kong soon. Apparently, he's got an offer fm his current company's HKG branch and he's taken it up.

Nowadays, quite a number of my friends wish to be expatriated or obtain a permanent position outside the country. Is this an upcoming trend? I remember missing my friends and my dog badly when I had to leave for aussie land. But schooling = a lot of holidays, so i wasn't too bothered. Now, the idea of moving overseas for work and having to start afresh without familiar faces is a little daunting. Although it can be pretty exciting too ...

I asked M, what she thought of E moving out of the country (M is E's gf) and she couldn't bear to see him go although she seemed excited at the thought of making HKG her second home. haha ... I hope things can work out between them. The long distance relationship I had when i was down under, didn't. Apparently, my ex couldn't bear with the loneliness and the appearing of a third party didn't help. I wouldn't say that he chose to be with her (altho' he did) cos ultimately, he wanted me back. Which I said "no" of course (mind you, i've got dignity). Also, just recently, another good friend of mine, P, ended his 3 or 5 years relationship because "things changed" when his gf came back from a work attachment in Germany. I think he took it pretty hard, altho' I believed being the strong person that he is, he'll be able to cope with it.

I think 2005 is a very bad year for me. My dog suffered a traumatising experience, I nearly lost my front tooth, my dad passed away, and now, a buddy is leaving for a long time (or, for good). One other good friend, W, might be leaving too if things work out on his side. Sigh. I sure hope this is the end of it.

7 Comments:

Blogger töes said...

On a different topic altogether...

If BS + HQ + SX makes any sense to you, then i think i know who you are. PS: I'm the one u met at YPN. =)

Hush.

8:20 PM  
Blogger töes said...

hisreason: I'm in a LDR for about 4 yrs now, and frankly, it's not that sucky.

What didn't kill the relationship make it stronger.

12:25 AM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

hisreason: i warned u before, didn't i? its' sucky. But if it works, then it'll be even better.

toes: sorry, but i dunno what bs + hq + sx is .... and ypn? doesnt ring a bell. maybe im thick. haha .. more hints? oh, and i agree with ur last statement.

10:46 AM  
Blogger töes said...

Adrienne: YPN i.e. Young Photographers Network... only the 4 of us lunched with the whole lot of photographers after that. Ring a bell now? If not, try PL. =)

6:57 PM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

toes: i think you got the wrong person. i was never into photography ... heee ... =)

9:37 AM  
Blogger töes said...

Adrienne: I'm terribly sorry. I swear i know a girl by the same name, went to aust, had a bf there, broke up, studied drama or sort, etc... hence the mistaken identity. My apologies for imposing on your blog.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

toes: hey, don't worry. u're not imposing =) besides, it did sound like me, except i didn't study arts.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home