Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I had a terrible dream. I dreamt that a good friend of mine, W, died in a car accident. It broke my heart. I could only vaguely remember the proceedings of the wake.

The odd thing was he was actually at the wake. That is, his spirit was there. Sitting at the same table with us friends, like nothing happened. He was still wearing his orange coloured T-shirt, which I often see him wear. For some unknown reason, I started asking our friends if they could see W at the table. Some said yes, but some answered no. I guess not all of us could sense his spirit there. But I was glad I could. At one point, I actually placed my head on his shoulder, something that i couldn't have done in real life.

After some time, W turned to me and said he had to "go". I couldn't control my emotions and started sobbing and grabbing his arm (which was warm, strangely), and asking him not to go. I couldn't deal with a good friend leaving me. Not him. And I had so much more things to tell him. Then he said, "... some things are better left unsaid..."

It cut me when I had to let him go. It cut me, the way it did when my dad left. I cried like there was no tomorrow.

I woke up in the middle of my cries, to realise it was juz a dream. But for some strange reasons, I felt extremely upset and I missed W very much. I sent him an sms to ask him how he was and he was fine, much to my relief. I wanted so much to see him, and make sure he's really fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home