Friday, July 06, 2007

It's a beautiful day


I woke up with a terrible cold this morning. Decided against going to work. So i washed up and took a cab down to the clinic. There is actually a clinic right below at my block but I had to get to a company appointed clinic so that i don't have to work out $$ from my own pocket for the consultation fees.

After seeing the doctor, the nurse informed me that Da Company has changed their panel of doctors where this clinic is no longer in the panel. Fuck. I had spent 37 bugs for the medical consultation and 4 bugs for the cab fare.

So I decided that i would just buy some food there and take a cab home to rest. Got my noodles and was waiting by the road side for an empty cab which seemed like an impossible thing to happen. Then, out of nowhere, i felt rain drops.

Perfect.

It wasn't heavy rain then, so I continued waiting hoping that some cab would just pass by and save my day. But it wasn't a great day to start with, so naturally nothing good would happen. After a couple of minutes, it started to pour. I had to run to a coffeeshop to get shelter while waiting for the rain to stop.

Fuck it. May as well eat my noodles here.

And so I did.

After a while, the rain had somewhat subsided though it was still drizzling. Finished my noodles so I took a smoke when I saw a number of empty cabs passing by.

Great. It should be easier to get a cab now.

How wrong was I! The minute I stepped by the roadside trying to flag one down, all the cabs just disappeared. To top it up, there were like a dozen people all waiting for cabs. Argh.

Despite everything, I managed to get home in one piece, albeit a little damp and more sick than ever.

I was told by my doctor that I had contracted viral flu. It seems like everything is related to virus nowadays. Why does flu comes with a virus? Why can't it just be normal flu?

Anyway, take care, y'all. Will update again.

9 Comments:

Blogger Green Ogre said...

The good- You get MC. :P

1:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I see you have met our nice little friend called Murphy. As you might know, he is the proud inventor of Murphy's Law: If anything can go wrong, it will go wrong and at a time when you least expect it. :p

Don't you just hate him. :D

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get well soon, babe.

1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just for the benefit of u. i posted this on Timsum's blog. in case u don't get to read it.. don't want u to miss it when i m scolding u.. see below

NgiaoWen said...

Fug u adrenaline... and get well soon.. i read your blog when i have nothing better to do. bleh...
and wen paid deposit for another photographer liao. cheaper one of cos. woohoo!

Tim.. fugu too. for the sake of fugging u..

5:21 AM  
Blogger imnothere said...

pls get better soon. must have plenty of oranges. 2 oranges a day, keeps the doctor away!

why would i be a girl? i specifically choose the nickname "imnothere" because i was sick of "a/s/l" from people. sigh.
:~(

7:37 AM  
Blogger Sibeh Sian said...

See lah! Every time day I sibeh suay, now you also! Haha :D....

9:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

See lah. I got the flu too. Must be you pass to me, right? (-.-)

Heh. Joking. :D

9:05 PM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

ogre: MC is good only when u're faking it. I was really ill.

ensui: no, im not a believer. I choose to think things can always get better. ha.

soyabin: okok, i try.

wen: i can only read in between the lines ... "get well soon" ...

imnothere: i take vitamin C pills, dats the same, right?

sian: no lah, no one can be as suay as you.

ensui: kaoz ... if i can transmit my virus from Sg to aussie, then i would be rich liao lor.

11:22 PM  
Blogger imnothere said...

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2002/07/05/vitamindiseases_020705.html

vitamins are not useful. you'd need fresh source of it.

cod liver oil are still very good though. taste aweful unless you takes the pill form.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home