Thursday, December 08, 2005

A letter she wrote...

I woke up this morning with my father on my mind. Even though it has been six months, my heart still aches whenever I think of him. It pains me everytime when I know he can't be there when I'm saying "I do", when we get onto the stage to toast to my guests at the dinner, when he can't be around to see me in a wedding gown. My dad really doted on me when i was young. He used to tell me that I am so beautiful, even much more so than my mom. Contrary to popular opinion.

When my dad passed away, I had lotsa fabulous friends who offered their support in every way possible. To thank them, I sent them an email after the funeral expressing my gratitude. Now, I just realised that I actually didn't managed to send to everybody since I didn't have everybody's email addy. Therefore, the below is the extract of the email and it's meant for all you fantastic people out there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear friends

I would like to extend my appreciation to all of you who have made this period of time (which i would define as one of the darkest period of my life so far) easier to cope with. Ever since news of my father's hospitalisation and eventual passing gone out, I have received numerous sms, phone calls and emails from friends with comforting and encouraging messages.

To those who were unable to visit, I thank you for your emotional and spiritual support.

To all those who were there with me ... thank you for making the effort to be there physically.

To those who stayed with me throughout the night playing cards, chess and spouting "rubbish", thank you for sharing your energy to keep me awake during the wee hours in the morning.

To those who walked with me during the last journey of sending my father off, I find no other words to express my gratitude, but a simple, deeply-felt THANK YOU.

I would also like to thank a special someone who was there from the start ... sleeping over at the hospital, running errands, taking care of my dog ... to the end ... You have been a tremendous help throughout this time and shall be rewarded in the way i deem fit. heee .... :P

Finally, thank you again for your financial support and may God bless all of you and your family. Please take good care of yourselves and see you soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7 Comments:

Blogger Green Ogre said...

Your father will be smiling down at you from above. He can rest in peace knowing that you're in good hands and have found your happiness.

The best way to show your love will be to live your life in the best way you can. Be happy. I'm sure that's all he wants for you.

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gal, you have found your other half to spend the rest of your life with bliss awaiting you. Staying happy & healthy is the best present you can give your Dad. If Mr BF does not behave, tell us & leave him in our hands!! Jia.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

ogre: yeah, but i still miss him.

jia: mr bf usually behaves himself well. no worries =) altho i hope he will cont' this way after marriage!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Zhe Bin said...

Thanks for sharing. = )

12:14 AM  
Blogger Green Ogre said...

Jia-Correction! That's Mr. Hubby from now on. Smiles.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

ogre: Correction! It's still Mr Boyfriend. Until Dec next year =)

10:22 AM  
Blogger Nobody said...

Hi... your dad lives in your memories.

Congrats on finding your Mr. Right.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home