Thursday, November 24, 2005

History and Past Life

When I was young, my mom used to tell me I’m not her daughter. My mom, from the time she hit puberty, has been really beautiful. Big, round eyes with double eyelids, a somewhat sharp nose and a very sexy-shaped mouth and lips. She is relatively fair, and after a hot day in sun, turns reddish-brown which adds on to her beauty. Although she is vertically challenged, she measured 34-24-34 (cup C) during the prime of her life. Her tiny waist called attention to her curves which made her petite physique really dazzling.


Just this pic is enough to tell you my mom is gorgeous

During my teenage years, friends of my brother often commented that if they were ten years older, they would pursue my mom, a remark that my first boyfriend also made.

I, on the other hand, looked entirely different. I have big eyes with double eyelids too, but they were sadly hidden behind a set of frames. I don’t have a flat nose, but it’s certainly of no comparison to the one on my mom’s face. And somehow, my mouth seemed to have been torn off from a clown and stitched onto my face. I’ve never been blessed with a fair complexion since birth and instead of turning reddish-brown after an hour in the sun (like my mom), I just turned brown. Like turd. Which is disgusting.



Just like this colour

So in short, I looked hideous.


Due to the various compliments that my mom’s had since decades ago, she is naturally proud of her looks. Given how different we both look, you can’t blame her for having doubts. (By the way, I don’t resemble my dad too). Plus, she told me after she had given birth to me (that is, if she did indeed give birth to me), she didn’t manage to catch even a glimpse of me cos the nurse had carried me away. (I found out later that she actually didn’t ask to see me cos she was too exhausted. Of course, I don’t blame her). And when the nurse brought me back, she had a rather queer look on her face.

The nurse had a queer look on her face

At that time, baby switching was very common (and I wasn’t borned in Singapore). So as I grew older, my mom became a little bit more suspicious that I might have been a “switched” baby.

During my younger years, my complexion was extremely dark and thanks to a school rule whereby us girls were not allowed to keep long hair, coupled with a set of bookish specs, I looked completely like a dork. Which was so uncool.

Many had mistaken me for a Malay girl who possibly had ugly parents. As I matured though, my looks started to change. I no longer hide my eyes behind the frames and with a bigger face, my mouth doesn’t look as clownish as it did. My nose stayed the way it was somewhat, but it doesn’t go too badly with my face.

Just when I thought I looked more Chinese and more eye-catching, many people started commenting that I look like a Filipino. Some even commented that I resemble a Thai. And I still encountered situations where Malay folks spoke to me in Malay (assuming I belong to their race).

So I conclude, that I must have been a MAID in my past life.

This, but possibly less slutty and less blonde.

Not that all Malays or Filipinos are maids. But from History, most people are poor and so I reckon that I must have been a maid since I have this compulsion for tidiness and organization. And I must have been a good one, who might have possibly rescued her young baby master from a burning house that brought about good kharma for my present life. Considering that I was fortunate to be raised here even though I wasn’t borned here. And I would be considered luckier if I was indeed a “switched” baby. And I guessed I also earned good kharma points for myself, when I freed the dragonflies my brother caught, which resulted in daunting consequences of his wrath (during childhood), that I no longer looked like the girl that I once was. Thank God.

6 Comments:

Blogger Green Ogre said...

Grins. You look just fine the way you are. And you've got the curves to match your mum! And you the quality of guys that you get is still not too shabby, so I wouldn't worry. And of course, your fiancee can make it. And the most important thing is, if the most important man in your life doesn't complain, why the fuck should you give a damn to what others think? Let them go and rot in their own hell.

What I'm saying is, you're fine just the way you are.

1:28 AM  
Blogger Zhe Bin said...

I think the Turd picture is v.cute!

Haha. Hmm.. I've never seen you or your Mummy before so I cannot see whether you've been switched or not (which you don't know also right muahaha), but I'm certain you're beautiful in your own way man.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

ogre: Thank you. u can be really nice sometimes. And it's not that THAT MAN doesn't complain, he just doesn't care. Not the same, but i'll juz let it go.

zhebin: heh ... actually it doesn't matter whether im switched or not now. And on your last sentence, i hope every man thinks the same way.

1:33 PM  
Blogger barneysaurus said...

All talk no action. I dare you to post your derdy pics up lor! Muahahauhahu :D!!!!

You damn lucky you also C ah, otherwise I think your mum would have kicked you out ages ago liao :D!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

i told u if i get my digicam, then i post the pics wat!

u bloody shit, it's not juz the Cs can?

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Girl!! You are not that bad! Come on....let me add 4 marks to whatever marks you have posted onto yourself. Love, Jia.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home