Thursday, September 01, 2005

HAPPY TEACHERS' DAY

Today is the 1st day of September - Teacher's Day. Though this should have been an event I have thrown out of my mind since I attained puberty, I was reminded once again of this date when my student gave me a present during tuition last night. It was a photo frame, and very nicely wrapped. Given the amount of scoldings she gets from me during each session, not to mention the knocks that I've been inflicting on her head, I muz say I'm really surprised she would get me something. I hope she won't tell her mother about me knocking her head tho'.

Maybe she did this so that she will get less homework. Or less head-knocking.

Haha. Like she can outsmart me. *smug look*

On this "special" that is not so special-to-me day, I reflect upon all the people that I have learnt some thing from. Needn't necessarily be a teacher. Juz someone who had taught me something.

List of People I would like to thank:

1) My Mother, who taught me to be independent and never depend on men. Esp. when monie$ are concerned. So that if my man ever engage in monkey business behind my back (or otherwise), i can kick his nuts and throw him out of the house.

2) My father - he taught me how to do something wrong and not get caught. haha. juz kidding.

3) My brother, who taught me how to steal.

now, my friends .....

1) Nick, who taught me how to dance exotically and engage in monkey affairs. In the car.

2) Zhi**i, who taught me how to smoke

3) S*mon, who showed me the importance of knowledge. particularly of those in the bedroom.

4) LX - he taught me how to sneak into a cinema without paying. We got caught eventually but that's another story .... Oh, and he also enlightened me on the functions of .... errr ... some of my body parts.

5) P*i - who taught me stupid games and super corny jokes so that I irritate my other friendz.

6) P*t* - who taught me that airport toilets are .... constantly monitored by janitors ....

7) My first love - he taught me how to play mahjong, and other gambling games.

8) Myself - I taught myself how to drink! hahah ..... ain't I brilliant?

wow ... I really owe it to these people dat I have turned out the fine person that I am.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do I wish I had a teacher like you way back when!

11:52 PM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

bubbles: No lah, she's still too young. Not yet anyway :P

Kevin: heh ... u like to get ur head knocked? hahah ...

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katrina Relief
From one shore to another. I urge you to contribute to the Katrina hurricane relief.
Wow, you have a good blog here! I'm going to bookmark you! I have a carribbean site/blog. It pretty much covers carribbean related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-) Tom

1:11 AM  
Blogger Jeremiah said...

LOL yeah, hopefully you don't screw up your kids. If you were a senior teacher in high school, I bet you'd be the number one freaking sweet teacher.

1:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

News round-up: An abrupt end to the silly season
It's all the rage to spend five weeks out of the office during the summer, apparently.
this is the best I have ever seen. I will never go back!

1:39 AM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

Jeremiah: Heh, i might turn out to be parents' worst nightmare!

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home