Tuesday, August 23, 2005

EXERCISE EXERCISE EXERCISE
I met up with a good friend of mine last nite for supper. And had a real shock. It's been only 2 months since I last saw him and he has lost a great deal of weight. I'm talking about 17 KILOS in 2 months!
No, he didn't juz get dumped. No, he's not on drugs. And no, he didn't juz came back from another part of the world.
He went on a crash diet.
Juz for your info, he was plump looking but was really overweight due to his very heavy bones. At around 1.75, he was weighing 93.5kg. In spite of this, he didn't look fat. He juz looked chubby. And mind you, he exercises 4 to 5 times a week (which is more than the amount of exercises some people do in a year). Still, he was plump. I thought it was all in the genes and he juz had chubby genes in him. So you can picture my shock when I saw him.
Even though he looked better, he didn't seem very happy. He went on medication prescribed by a doctor to curb his hunger pangs and denied himself of carbohydrates completely. So basically, he was eating fish + soup, or fishballs + soup, or juz salads + veg. On certains days, he juz drinks soup. kaoz.
It really makes me wonder how one will go all out, starving yourself, denying all your favourite food, eat only tasteless food for the sake of beauty. This applies to both the males and the females. I mean, i wish i've got a body like Jennifer Aniston but I ain't gonna give up fried hokkien mee or mushroom pizzas juz for this. I could cut down on my fav foods but not completely. Not being able to enjoy that food that you love is a very sad thing. I believe that we "eat to live, not live to eat". To make the best out of the situation and to always be a happy person, you gotta like what you're doing. If you're not liking the stuff you're putting into your mouth (juz like my friend), you're not gonna end up a happy person.
Anyway, I felt a little guilty about eating supper last nite (which was half a bowl of kway teow soup), so I walked up the stairs when I got home (actually, my friend who insisted on sending me up, forced me to do it).
I'm leaving office now. If time permits tomorrow, I shall share with all on how-i-lost-3-kilos-but-looked-like-i-lost-5 & some tried-and-tested methods on losing weight.
Cheers!

3 Comments:

Blogger Adrenaline said...

huh! i was very careful when i typed that, okay .... hahah ...
you're bloody skinny lah, with bulging biceps ... hahaha ... no wonder gays like you :P

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The moment i read this blog I KNOW WHO IT IS HAHAHAHAHAHA.....

KYY... :P

4:19 PM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

KYY: eh, how u know?!

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home