Thursday, August 18, 2005


ODD HAPPENINGS

I experienced something odd this morning, and it brought back some memories of weird happenings that ever happened to me. Ok, here it goes ....

I used to live in Mohd Sultan, where there were a lot of old shophouses around. Now it's been converted to a pub. Not sure what is the pub's name but it's 2 units beside Madam Wong. Anyway, houses then were huge, with a few halls and there were quite a number of tenants living in the same house. We used to rent a room on the second storey. Our electric cables then were all connected to a main plug, which means that when one applicance tripped, the rest would be affected. Which also means that it's actually quite dangerous. Anyway, we got our first TV when I was 7. One time, I was alone in the room and everyone was out except my grandma who was doing laundry downstairs. Being still short then, I had to climb up the TV cabinet to on the TV switch. Just as I was about to touch the switch, I felt a very hard smack on my right shoulder. Thinking it was my brother, I turned back as i told him annoyingly not to disturb me.
But there was no one there. I felt a little weird but didn't think much about it. So i turned back to the switch and tried to on it again. Once more, there was a very hard smack on my shoulder. This time, I was a little freaked out. I climbed down the TV cabinet before I turned back again.
There was no one.
Feeling a little frightened, I decided that I could do without the TV and went downstairs to look for grandma instead. As I was actually not supposed to watch TV at that time, I didn't dare to tell grandma or anyone about this incident until years later.

My mummy's explanation : The god we were worshipping then was "Kwan Gong" (aka the Kwan Yu in Dynasty Warriors). And my mom said he was probably watching out for me at that time cos I might have been electrocuted if I managed to touch the switch. So, maybe I owe my life to him. hee....
Another odd incident happened juz last year in Bintan. I got to the resort and proceeded to change into my swim wear as I wanted to go swimming (duh....). After I changed, I realised I couldn't find my underwear. Thinking it was probably in my bag, I continued on with other activities.

When I went back to the room that night, I took out everything in my bag and still couldn't find my underwear. I looked in the toilet, under the bed, in the drawers and even to the extent of checking out the balcony and still, I couldn't find it. There was no way, my underwear could have been lost juz like that. It was kinda weird, but thankfully I had the companionship of my bf, so I wasn't freaked out or anything.

The next morning, we were packing to check out the hotel. As i walked past the TV, I felt something soft touched my tummy and slipped down onto my feet.
It was my underwear. The one I had been looking for. It was as if "someone" had gently thrown my underwear back at me and it juz landed on my feet.

I didn't know whether to feel relieved to get my underwear back. Eventually, I threw that particular underwear away after I came back to Singapore (altho it was still rather new) cos my bro, being a very superstitious person, warned me that "someone" might have tampered with it (by means of voodoo) or something.

My explanation : Think "somebody" was playing a trick on me. I certainly hope the "somebody" didn't try it on or use my underwear to arouse the "somebody"'s certain nasal senses .... arrggghhh ...
This morning.
As usual, after my bath, I would get dressed for work. But I couldn't find my bra. I usually go braless at home and when I sleep and I would hang my bras behind my door. That way, it wouldn't look too obscene when visitors come over.

Anyway, I did find my bra - hanging on the closet door. Now, this is strange cos I've never had the habit of hanging there (or rather, I've changed the habit of hanging there). There was absolutely no recollection of my hanging bra on the closet door. And i started to wonder if my not being able to light up the burner for my aromatherapy treatment last nite has got something to do with this.
My explanation : None
Why do odd things happen to my undergarments?
I haven't got any other spooky incidents, but share with me if you do. I love spooky stories .... :P

3 Comments:

Blogger Hermit said...

i'm not a photographer by profession.
i'm not a wannabe too for wannabe sounds bad, just like poseur.

i'm a hermit who likes to capture my sights.

:)

thanks for the compliment, was it?
lol

4:40 PM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

i guess it was ... i was either complimenting you, or you camera. haha ... :)

9:48 AM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

hisreason: aiyah, of cos u hv experienced many spooky encounters; you suay wat! and i guess your underwears are so gross and "cheena" that even spooks don't dare to touch. hahah ... which means you can actually hang them in front of your door to ward off evil!

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home