Saturday, August 20, 2005

Recently, a guy buddy of mine was harassed on a few occasions by gays. I muz say I am not too surprised by this. After all, he

1) walks farnie
2) exudes an effeminate air
3) acts all gay-shit with almost all the other guys in our group

But, I do understand it sugs to get harassed (same or opposite sex, doesn't matter). So to this buddy of mine: Altho' I think you deserve it (for the three reasons above + your farnie t-shirt), I do feel sorry for you (a little).

I too, have been harassed before but with the opposite sex:

1) During one of my school holidays, I worked as a waitress in a golf club. It's not a very posh one, but many rich old men enjoyed going there for golf. Apart from the cheaper fees, they got to ogle at young girls who were waitressing there. And fyi, they were not at all subtle about it. E.g. When the waitress sends drinks over to the table, the men (especially the one sitting nearest to the standing waitress), would screen you all over. Starting from the face, to your boobs, to your butt, then to the legs. And they repeat the process in the reverse manner. Mind you, it's not at all flattering. You could almost see the message they were trying to convey - "Man, I want to bang her" or "What would she look like naked?" or "Girl, I have lotsa $$ and i want to bang you" or "How 'bout a fuck?"

I felt extremely violated, and wanted, on many occasions, to deliver my "knock-your-nuts-out-kick" or "smash-your-face-in-punch" but I held back. I wanted no contact at all (physical or otherwise) with these men.

Once, a group of men made an "offer" to "help me with my studies". That is, they wanted to pay my school fees for me. Fug them. I knew what they were thinking. Trust me, you can't give 'em the benefit of doubt. Not especially they were screening me while saying that.

2) This incident didn't happen to me but to another buddy of mine. He would kill me if he ever finds out that I write about this in my blog.

Ah kow (his nickname) went to a pub in JB with a group of his army friends. Think the ocassion was to celebrate something but I don't remember. Anyway, a beautiful girl came over up to him and they started chatting. Now, she was touching him on his arm and moving closer towards him as they chatted. He thought, "Man, am I going to score!" and before you know it, they were kissing. The kiss lasted quite long until Ah Kow felt something against his chin. It was rough and kinda pokey. Ah Kow was feeling a little uneasy but continued with the kiss anyway. Then he realised .... "It's stubble!!!!!!"

He pulled away immediately and ran like the wind out of the pub and started throwing up into a drain nearby. His friends, ran after him, found out what happened and started laughing till their sides ached. He made them swore never to talk about this again, but as we can guess, some of 'em didn't keep to their word. Otherwise, how would i know? hahaha ... *evil grin*

3) I was 13 and was on a feeder bus home. The bus was crowded with girls from my school. I managed to get a seat right at the back row. Halfway through the journey, I felt something irritating the side of my thigh. I scratched a little and thought no more of it. Then i felt it again. It was odd so as i flipped the side of my skirt to see what was irritating me.

I saw a hand.

No, this is not a ghost story. It was the hand of the Indian guy sitting beside me. I was in shock and I stared at him. He calmly removed his hand and acted like nothing happened. When a seat next to me became vacant I shifted to the next seat.

He shifted along with me.

I was so frightened but being very young and innocent, I didn't know how to react.

And he tried once more to touch me.

Tears welled up in my eyes and I looked at a fellow schoolmate standing in front hoping she would notice, but she didn't. Not able to take it anymore, I stood up. Friends I told this incident to all thought that I would kick up a big fuss and give the guy a good thrashing. But I didn't. I quickly alighted the bus when the it stopped. I was still young then, and didn't realised there were such perverts around. I cried all the way home, feeling dirty and violated.

As time passed, I realised that it wasn't my fault that such a thing happened, but I do very much regret not standing up for myself. Well, as the saying goes, what doesn't kill you make you stronger. I learnt from this that I must never be afraid of such creeps. They are the cowards to perform such despicable acts. If I ever meet up with such an arsehole again, I will make sure that my kickboxing training comes into good use *lifts an eyebrow*.



7 Comments:

Blogger kim said...

Oh man.. You should take up taekwondo or smthing and kick they balls!!

But then again, I wouldnt want to contaminate my toes if I were in your position.

6:27 PM  
Blogger kim said...

I mean kick their balls. Paiseh.. :)

6:28 PM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

stars of rain: trust me - kickboxing delivers the exact same effect! hahah ...

hisreason: dont bother to explain. whether you are one, we will still say that you ARE one =)
and perverts should have their dicks poked with needles and shredded using a shredder. hahaha .... my god, im so sick :P

christina: yah! is it really the colour?! kao... my police friend told me a lot of such crimes are usually committed by those colour one.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

christina: thanks for the ego booster! hey, share ur freaky encounter leh ! :)

9:54 AM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

christina: privately? and how do we do that? hee ....

9:42 AM  
Blogger no more said...

Sometimes it sucks being a girl. When i was 12 i was walking home one night from a friends house with my best friend. A car of 4 guys (ages 17+) were cat calling. I knew something didn't seem right even when two of them started chatting to us like no big deal. Then one of them lifted me off the ground and yelled at the other guys to pull the car up. He tried to drag me in the car. I don't think it was planned, probably a joke that was snowballing into something bigger. Coincidentally i learned how to fight off an attacker in school the year before. Of course they didn't prepare me for the fact they would be 6 foot and have my arms bound and me off the ground.

Another car stopped and after my kicking wildly he let me go and they sped off. We ran all the way home and never told anyone.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

muse: that totally sucks! you muz hv been really traumatized. such buggers should be reported to the police. kaoz ...

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home