Sunday, July 22, 2007

Routine

Sunday morning.

Instead of sleeping in, I have to get up early because today is the 49th day of Mr BF's mom's passing. So we gotta bring "her" back from the temple. And of course, cook some delicious home-cooked food so that she wouldn't go hungry when she "comes home".

Anyway, I didn't follow the rest to the temple cos I wanted to see if help was needed with the cooking. And obviously, the maid had done everything (which is why i'm on blogger now).

Anyway, I was eating my breakfast halfway and watching a HK TV serial on cable vision when suddenly Mr BF's dad decided to listen to music instead. He switched off the TV and turn on the stereo and started playing some CDs. The music was relatively loud and it filled the whole house.

That was when I started feeling nostalgic.

When I was young, my dad would play music on the stereo on every Sunday morning rather loudly. I would wake up, always to the music of cha-cha or the music of his time. I don't hate them, in fact, I grew to like them. It became a weekly routine; waking up to the loud music and opening my room door to find my father practising his dance steps in a very clumsy manner. Sometimes my mom would be practising with him. Either that, or she would be in the kitchen preparing lunch (yeah, i usually slept till noon).

So, I grew up knowing the lyrics to the cheesy songs and actually being able to sing them.

Gosh.

I really, really miss my father. Very, very much.


7 Comments:

Blogger Sibeh Sian said...

. . . . Come come, let me give you a big hug :P

10:59 AM  
Blogger imnothere said...

SBS - you must be very brave to volunteer yourself to be burn by cigarettes or kick, again. :)

9:01 AM  
Blogger Green Ogre said...

If music be food for the soul, then play on. :)

9:14 AM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

sian: if u even dare to come near me, i will kick your nuts off.

imnothere: no ... he is not brave, he is very itchy!

ogre: oh, u know, i can juz imagine u giving that "WTF??!!" look if i sing those songs in front of u guys. hahah ...

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heng my grandpa don't listen to alot of music... phew...

from,
he ko siao eh

4:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The song has ended, but the music lingers on... :)

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, a big big hug for you..Jia

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home