Sunday, January 07, 2007

SICK


I'm now in a lot of pain and discomfort.

My tummy has been hurting badly and despite crawling to the clinic at 2am last nite and getting poked by one of my most feared objects (needles), I am still not well.

Spoke to a friend about my predicament, and he commented that I probably shouldn't go to work tomorrow. I insisted that i must go to work, cos there was something that I had forgotten to do on Thursday and I must go to office to get it done.

"Adrenaline, it's just work, you know?"

Then I realised that I have been too obssessed with work.

The only thing that's on my mind when I'm crouching on my sofa is how I wouldn't be able to complete the work that I've left outstanding.

The strange thing is, I have been all about work-life-balance throughout my life. "Work hard, play hard" has always been my philosophy.

Maybe it's been too much of playing hard and not working hard enough, and my kharma is catching up with me.

And i don't know why I'm still on blogger.

Okay, i gotta head to the clinic now. Will update once I'm well (hopefully in 24 hours).




11 Comments:

Blogger Green Ogre said...

Get well soon!

8:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh dear. That doesn't sound good. Hope you recover soon. :)

8:55 AM  
Blogger nadnut said...

get well soon babe!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Sibeh Sian said...

OMIGOD :P!!!!! You are pregnant?!??!?!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

to all: Thank u for ur well wishes.

sian: fuck u lah.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Green Ogre said...

Dear Adrenaline,

It's been more than 24 hours and you have not updated. I'm sorry to be informed in this tragic manner of your death. My condolences to all your friends and loved ones.

Well, it sucks to know that you're dead. I haven't actually heard of any death attributed directly to gastroentritis (indirectly perhaps), but wonders never cease.

Well, I hope that meal you had was something literally to die for. Yes, I'm giggling.

Oh yes, and I'm sure you know about my fascination with death. Do let me know what it's like after death.

Thanking you in advance,
Green Ogre

9:08 AM  
Blogger Sibeh Sian said...

I wish Adrenaline will rest in peace, and refund me my ang pow money also. RIP :(

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

to ad: pls do look after yourself. i doubt u will have to avoid dairy products (you dont have it in singapore or malaysia!) but avoid oily stuff.

to SBS: don't worry, if she somehow expire, she will look over your shoulder and as a kind and loving friend, give u a few ghost's kick or something nasty.

imnothere

8:31 AM  
Blogger bigbanana said...

All my love. Oh I mean some for you some for siew some from tommy. All adds up to a powerful potion.

Eh if you really have to go, grant me a dream with the numbers for a $20+ million lotto here hor. I sure will buy you an Aston Martin DB9 and thousands of rokok and a condo and a dildo and a support bra and an apple iphone so you can still keep in contact. See i brother or not!!!

Get well soon!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Green Ogre said...

Wah you very brother, never see you being so good to me. Nabei. You really zhong se qing you.

8:58 AM  
Blogger bigbanana said...

green ogre: u not sick what need pamper meh? when u sick u make a post and i'll shower you with love lor :p

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home