Friday, January 05, 2007

2nd Marriage?


A few years back, I went to a fortune teller or someone of that sort, to have my fortune told.

Actually, I don't really care about what would happen in the future. It just comes, good or bad, you take it as it is. That's life. I went just for fun, cos even though I've had a lot of shit in my life, I just know that I would have a good life ahead. A good life, meaning, I needn't necessarily be rich or have everything, but simply, I'll be a happy person.

Anyway, one thing that this person told me was, I would have two marriages in my life.

While it didn't bother me that much, I distinctly recalled someone with a similar background (fortune-telling ability) telling me the same thing before.

I went home that day and told my mom what happened. I was expecting her to respond with something to the effect of, "Aiyah! What rubbish!". But she didn't. She just kept quiet.

After a long pause, she said to me ... "Sometimes two marriages needn't necessarily mean that you find another person as a husband. Some couples, in the beginning years of a marriage, find a lot of difficulty living with each other to the extent that they almost split up. But instead of doing so, they find help or ways to learn to accommodate and re-love each other. That, is also the beginning of a new marriage. And that, could be the second marriage he (the fortune teller) was talking about."

It was one of those few times that I found my mom to be so wise. Usually, I was the one giving her advice on things to do (e.g. stop stuffing her wardrobe with new clothes that she doesn't get to wear often), or things not to do (e.g. gossiping) and acting as her pillar of support. But wisdom do come with age and life experiences, and her theory of the second marriage thingy proves this point well. (Although I did secretly play with the thought that she said this so that I would end up marrying Mr BF whom she simply adores).

Three cheers to my mother. She may not have been perfect, but she really is the best mom for me.

7 Comments:

Blogger Green Ogre said...

Happy New Year!

Three cheers to all our mothers!

And for all you know, she could be right.

Besides, I think fortune telling is to be taken with a pinch of salt.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have exactly the same sentiments as O.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree. Like the saying goes, "mothers know best." I'm sure your mother's right on that '2nd marriage' bit. :)

Fortune telling can be misleading or false at times, though there are some authentic ones out there. :p

3:02 PM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

ogre: heh, i dun quite trust fortune telling that much actually. Even if wat they say is true, i think it's still better to live life not knowing wat lies ahead.

zb: kaoz, stop referring to my mom wif her english name lah. like u and her very friend like that.

ensui: yes, mothers know best. My mom has the best taste in everything.

10:16 PM  
Blogger bigbanana said...

So when you going to be a mother to dispense such sagely advice? Soon? Very soon? Very very soon????

I have that video clip of little germaine and little tommy in my harddrive leh. Most traumatic i must say. :p

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a student of BaZi myself, I know that there're still many things that cannot be told accurately. And even the predictions made can change depending on your subsequent decisions. Nothing is set in stone. My dad was supposed to have an affair early in the marriage but he is really one of the best husband (to my mum) that I know. So don't think too much of this, or rather, keep an open mind about it. =)

8:06 AM  
Blogger Sunflower said...

I have not been reading blogs much lately these day.

I really like this post. 3 cheers for your mum!

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home