Monday, December 25, 2006

UPDATED...
Food for thought


Newly-wed.

How are newy-weds supposed to feel??

Excited? Anticipation for the future?

Are we supposed to do everything together? My mom told me that as newly-weds we should go to gatherings together as a couple. Sort of as a "sign" of being newly-wedded.

However, apart from gatherings with his friends and our uni friends, we have been doing everything else apart.

"Somehow i don't get the feeling of being a newly-wed. Do you?"

*pauses and think*

"No leh. But i guess it's because we've planned the wedding for the past one year and it's already sink into us. Or maybe we've been too tired out for the wedding."

*Silence*

Of course I know better why we don't get that form of anticipation and excitement. But he doesn't.


**************************


On a different note, it's been a relatively nice X'mas. The only more noisy gathering was the one with uni friends where we had a BBQ, played some games and did a gift exchange. I think secret santa is a great idea. For close friends only of course. It's quite fun to think of funny things you can get for your friends and seeing the expressions on their face.

I spent quite a fair bit for the gift exchange. But knowing the receiver genuinely liked the gift, I think it's pretty worth it.

Did another gathering at Bec's place. We have all grown up. Nowadays, we talk about cost of weddings, pregnancy, labour and cost of living. Not that I don't enjoy hanging out with them and talking about grown-up stuff, it's just such talk reminds me of how I'm much I'm aging.

I hate the idea of growing old. I have this thought at the back of my mind that if I had been born in some old village that has no contact with civilization, I would have become one of those witches that prey on young virgins' blood so as to remain youthful. Of course, it's just a thought. I don't like the smell of blood actually.

Finally did another gathering with Mr BF's friends. We had a movie marathon which I participated only after 2 movies. They're always rowdy and tend to talk more about things that don't weigh so much on your mind. They're good company for taking your mind off unhappy matters.

But I seriously miss hanging out with my poly mates. Gatherings with them is usually laugh, play and be merry. It's like we never left school. I think everyone need such company once in a while. We should always feed the child in us.

Basically, most friends are either happily married, blissfully anticipating the birth of a new baby, or loving their life.

I love seeing my friends happy. It makes me happy.

But there is a dear friend of mine who is rather unhappy recently. There is nothing I can do for him right now. At least not right now. But I sincerely hope that things will turn out well for him. I really do.

You know who you are. I'm not sure how long you have to wait. But please take care of yourself during this time. I'm pretty sure she is already thinking of a way to ease your heartaches.


MERRY X'MAS EVERYONE. AND HAVE A GREAT YEAR AHEAD.

Updated:

I'm pretty disappointed that no one seemed to have read my post on my hen nite. Scroll down. It's the previous x 2 post.

5 Comments:

Blogger Green Ogre said...

Nabeh, lost my comment. Stupid computer. Bloody black out. Ptui!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I did read your post on the hen night, but i thought you meant it for your friend only, so i didn't comment. :p

Merry Christmas to you too. :)

P.S: It is normal for people to grow and look older. If you went the other way, people might begin to suspect things. :D

11:35 PM  
Blogger imnothere said...

ditto, it seems to be a private post. and as i dont feel like intruding what seems to be a private matter.

'grats on your wedding, arent you suppose to be busy on your honeymoon and not blogging online with a bunch of old people like us? ^_^

1:00 PM  
Blogger Sibeh Sian said...

I did read the hen entry, but declined comment because I'm such an innocent boy :)

And oh, happy new year lah. Heh.

12:03 AM  
Blogger Sibeh Sian said...

I did read the hen entry, but declined comment because I'm such an innocent boy :)

And oh, happy new year lah. Heh.

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home