Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Fateful Sunday at the Carpark

Sundays are lazy days. My Sunday afternoons are usually spent at home watching TV, taking sweet afternoon naps or watching more TV. Nowadays, however, I spent a lot of my Sundays working; checking out the junk at the amazingly-crowded Ikea to furnish the new office, working out the new operations procedures with my to-be colleagues, or searching for fengshui pieces to hang around the new working area. And after an exhausting day, I go home to meet Mr Boyfriend who has been bumming in front of the TV the whole damn day (although he claimed that he had been studying). Then we would go out for dinner before proceeding back to the multi-storey carpark that's situated right beside his block.

No, we weren't there for kinky business. We were there, for SERIOUS business. That's right, we go there every Sunday night to wash the car (cos there aren't any car washing areas near my place). It's usually quite a fun routine cos we would take this time to gossip about people, specifically, our friends. (Please don't come asking me if we gossip about you. We do.)

The last Sunday, however, was not that fun. Mr Boyfriend claimed to be suffering from a full body ache due to the soccer match that he participated the day before (which his team lost, by the way, haha). Therefore, he has difficulty even lifting up his arm (although I have no idea why soccer involves so much of the arm muscles). And this meant that I had to wash the entire car by myself. While I was splashing, cleaning, and scrubbing, Mr Boyfriend are walking about, supposedly "supervising" the entire operation. Passers-by looked on in disbelief as they saw how I toiled and sweat while Mr Boyfriend wore a simply couldn't-care-less expression on his face. In fact, too many passers-by saw what went on and it was almost like Ridley's Believe-It-Or-Not. Anyway, after more than an hour, I finished what I was set to do and lighted up a cigarette. That was when it happened.

Mr Boyfriend: *Beckoning to me* Come come, I got something to give you.

Me : What? You got another gift for me? (He had given me an anklet earlier which he bought during his last trip in KL)

Mr Boyfriend: Yah *Pretending to look elsewhere while he took out a package from his bag*

The bag, maroon in colour, had "Lee Hwa" printed on it.

Me: *suspicious and to be frank, a little taken aback* What is that?

Mr Boyfriend: It's a proposal ring. Heh.

Me : *disbelief* rubbish.

Mr Boyfriend: It's true. *took out the little box from the bag, and revealed a little silver ring, with a shiny stone on it*

Me: No no no. You don't think you can juz do it here and get away with it. Put the ring back. I told you before what I wanted and you have to fulfill it. Where are my flowers and the bended knee?

Mr Boyfriend: Oei, cannot like that one hor. *starts poking me with his fore finger*

Me: No lor! You can't just corner me like that.

Mr Boyfriend: *Ignoring my protest and took out the ring*

Me : Where is the dolphin that i wanted?

Mr Boyfriend: That one very expensive leh! My sister said it's not worth it cos I have to get it custom-made.

Me: But I don't need diamonds to go with it. I juz want the dolphin.

Mr Boyfriend: You think you can get people to create a mould for the ring and tell them you don't want any diamonds with it?

Me: So how now? Are you going to propose?

Mr Boyfriend: Eh.... still need to say it out meh? Here so many people *There was none in sight*

Me: ...... And you have to kneel down.

Mr Boyfriend: *seeing that I was insistent* okay lah okay lah. *reluctantly bends a little bit of his right knee* Oei, so you want to marry me or not?

Me : You call that a proposal? *pauses for a few seconds* I want to think about it.

Mr Boyfriend: Why do you still need to think?! There is only one answer!

Me: *shakes head* Nope. I may say no. I have said many times before that I may not marry you, haven't I?

*silence*

..................

What went on later was the discussion on the price of the ring, which Mr Boyfriend had gotten a HUGE discount on since his sister works at Lee Hwa. Initially Mr Boyfriend didn't want to divulge the price of the ring, but after more discussions, he ended up showing me the actual receipt.

Anyway, please do not send me your congrats yet, because up till now, I have not made up my mind. Reason being we have a lot of issues that are not being ironed out, and until we do, I can't see myself marrying him. Do rest assure though that no matter what, you would see my answer on this blog. In the meantime, I appreciate friends leaving me "sweet nothings" on this entry but please do not call or sms me to talk about this. Unless I have spoken to you about this before I post this entry, otherwise please juz leave me to sort this out myself. I'm juz too tired to talk about the whole thing again.

Thanks very much.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yu HU!!!!Well, no congrats for you yet....but.....think about it coz' we hope to hear good news from you!!! Loving you soooooo much, Jia.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

Thanks =) everybody wants good news too. Dat's the pressure.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Can i give a congrats in advance first? Hahaha....

Anyway you gotta give it to him.. it's definitely a UNIQUE way to propose man! Plus, i can vouch for him playing soccer the previous day... without his size 11 boots!!

Gogogo.... :P

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim, you really are an "ass" you know you stupid POS! Talk cork all e time!

Adrienne, take care of yourself meanwhile. You know where to give me a tinkle if need be..

Gabz

1:38 AM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

tim: u think that's unique? sigh ... you boys really don't know what girls want.

gabz: thanks. btw, what does POS stand for?

9:23 AM  
Blogger Green Ogre said...

Take your time to think about it and make up your mind. It's a choice you'll have live with for life.

I know it's pretty heavy shit. Take care.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

Wish it is easier.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Green Ogre said...

Smiles. Nobody ever said life's a cakewalk. Then again nobody gave me that warning slip to say life can get to be a pile of shit. I guess it always help to be able to look on the bright side.

Anyway, whatever your choice, your friends will be around to lend you support. Interest free, some more.

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on gal, no pressure. Decide at your own pace and wants.... Jia.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

thanks, jia.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home