Thursday, April 10, 2008

Time


Our sex-god finally decided to come back from London for a visit. The meet up was arranged last minute but everyone turned up. Including Sian. Gosh, I thought he had drowned or something.

The thing about this group of friends is the amount of laughter I have whenever I'm out with them. It's like we never graduated from poly. Even though it's been ten years.

As I go through life, I have found many friends (I use "found" because I think you have to go out to find that person and make the effort to keep him/her as your friend). Age changes the way we behave and the topics we talk about whenever we're out together. Many friends change after they get married. Houses, cars, loans, investments and children are the most common topics. These friends no longer value friends the same way. It's not a bad thing; family is, ultimately, one of the most important thing in life. I would say, that almost all my friends are leaning towards such a culture. On certain days, I do feel sad that my friends are no longer they way they were. Some do not even behave the same way because they had to be better behaved when their spouses are around. Many no longer ask me out for late night coffee chats. And when they do, their spouses HAVE to be there.

I guess it's part of the journey of life to go through this. The most fun and playful times of my life may possibly be over. My friends have moved on, and perhaps it's time that I do.

However, meeting up with my poly friends have always been this entertaining and inspiring. They make me feel young and carefree again. Seeing the changes in my other groups of friends, I sometimes get afraid that this particular group of friends will steer towards the same direction as the others. It may happen one of these days ... I'm just hoping it won't be soon.

Meanwhile, I'll just enjoy my times with them ...

Or I'll just go out and find younger friends. Heh.



p.s. Even though I tried to threaten Sian to start blogging again, he indicated that he has been very busy (wanking) and somehow, the inspiration to blog is exiting. I get a feeling he may close down his blog altogether. But don't be sad, because he does have another blog which he may reveal in future. So stay tuned.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, even for my closest grp of friends, we all have other commitments besides each other now. It was used to be just us only. E.g., meet up for dinner - them, supper - them, basically almost everytime I'm out I'm with them.

I guess it's all part of growing up and reaching different stages of life. What is important is you and that particular grp of friends holds the invaluable memories of all the very good times close to your heart and always remember how fortunate you are to have found them. I guess if everyone in the grp feels the same way, no matter what each one of them is doing with his/her life, the friendship will still remain the same.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Green Ogre said...

I think one can still continue to find laughter and fun in new forms and ways. Unfortunately, the old ways are not working anymore and it's time to move on.

12:10 PM  
Blogger imnothere said...

I thought that SBS has eloped with Nerd? NVM.

So how was the trip down under? Have we drenched your holiday enough?

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home