Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Damn that Korean Serial

Oh my god, i can't believe this. When it was first shown on TV, I always caught my mom rushing home from work just to make sure she didn't miss any part of the an episode. Then Mr BF suggested that we stay at home on Fridays instead of hanging outside just so he could keep himself updated with the story. What the hell. I found that ridiculous. Then I started watching a few episodes and what do you know? I'm hooked. Goddamn it.




I've ended up loving this drama serial. If I get home and does not watch any episode of it, I can't concentrate or go to sleep. You see, I wanted to watch this new DVD that my brother bought last week. And I knew something was wrong while the TV was showing the blood war between vampires and werewolves, I was thinking of her.



Yes, Her. The lead actress in this serial.

You know you're addicted when you spend all your nights watching the serial until 2am. Then you want to go to bed becos you know it's late, but you wonder if you can just squeeze in one more episode. You know you're addicted when you'd rather stay at home to do in-door sports instead of jogging in the great outdoors, just so you can watch 大長今 while exercising. Gosh, it's more addictive than cigarettes.

These serials are evil, I tell you. They make sure every episode always end with the bad guys on the verge of killing the good guys, or the good guy's mother is going to die, or the lead cast finding the cure to a supposed incurable disease, etc. They make sure that you must find out what would happen next. It's like having a mosqsuito bite on your butt; you know it's not exactly good social etiquette to scratch your ass in public but you must do it cos it's so damn itchy.

So if you can't wait for the next episode to be shown on TV the next night, you end up buying the VCDs so that you can find out straight away if the lead cast got slaughtered or the bad guys got away with the treason charge. You know you're addicted when you lie down on the bed, and wonder if the leading actress managed to escape from the ambush the bad guys have laid down. Then you realised that you've wasted an hour on the bed thinking about the story when you could have just watched another episode. Then you feel angry with yourself for wasting that time. Fuck.

I also suspect they casted a voodoo, along with nicotine, on the VCDs. I find myself watching late into the night, then decide that I should sleep. But these VCDs would crawl into my room, and positioned themselves right beside the player!! Crazy, right?! If I shut my door before they crawled in, they would transform themselves into thoughts and sneak their way into my brain. What the hell. Damn these Koreans.

The voodoo-casted VCDs


What is more amazing is, I've actually finished the last episode. But I started watching this serial only from the second half onwards. So now, i'm actually watching 大長今 from the start when I already knew the ending. What the fuck, i'm messed up. I need help.

Okay, I gotta go. I need my daily dosage of 大長今 now. She just succeeded in planting some stupid plant. It would get interesting from here.

10 Comments:

Blogger Sibeh Sian said...

I've so far managed to keep myself away from the horrible addiction. I'm afraid that if I start, I'll be like you, just can't stop :(

11:16 AM  
Blogger Green Ogre said...

Oh mu goodnes, you've joined the likes of Kena Suan, who watches it all the time too...

12:45 PM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

sibeh sian: yah man. then u'll be much more of a loser than u are now.

green: oei! dun associate me with Kena Suan hor! People in 80 countries ard the world are all watching this drama serial too, okay? and it's very nice lor. heee .....

4:02 PM  
Blogger Jaschocolate said...

I still got 20 more episodes to go... Ahhhhhhh...

8:25 AM  
Blogger Zhe Bin said...

I have to admit I am a sucker for drama serials discs too. But I have heard so much about DCJ and I just can't bring myself to watch lor. Like, really nice meh? I am amazed leh, at the 轰动ness it's causing/caused.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

jas: ooh, it will get more interesting from here. i thot it's the end of the story when the bad guys got their just desserts. apparently not. heh.

binny: i used to think like u. Altho some parts are a little slow, it's really nice leh! should watch! hehe ...

11:00 AM  
Blogger NoneOfYrBusiness said...

erhhh sibei auntie leh ...

11:24 AM  
Blogger Ang Ku Kueh said...

i'm afraid to even start watching just in case i end up like u! at least ur BF shares the same passion so u two can watch together. A would have rolled his eyes.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

akk: heh! Mr BF was into this show much more earlier than me. heheh ...

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can never write that good. Everything you wrote came too true for me from 15/5 to 7/6 just recently. Crazy days and nights with my brain filled with nothing but sounds, images, casts, dialogues etc during work.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home