Wednesday, May 24, 2006

ITCH

I woke up with rashes on my legs, arms and tummy on Saturday morning. By afternoon, it got worse, and it was very itchy. As I am a very poor person who refuse to spend money going to a clinic that would be opened on Saturday afternoons, I decided to endure the itch and go to a Chinese medicinal shop to find the cure for my itch.

Me : Uncle, is there any cream I can apply for rashes like this? *proceeded to show him the rash on my arms*

Chinese Uncle at Chinese medicinal shop : This kind ah ... *took out a small box with a tube of Chinese medicine inside* ... you apply this lah ... can cure itch one.

Me : Just to cure the itch? Is there other medicine I can take to treat the rash and stop the itching?

Chinese Uncle : Yah yah, this one is very good. Can treat rash also. You apply straight away will stop the itch liao.

The box said "White Pearl Cream" and it cost me 4 bucks.

When I opened up the tube of cream, it smelled exactly like Mopiko. Not only that, it felt exactly like Mopiko on my skin.


I suspect the manufacturer of Mopiko decided to change the brand packaging, and gave Mopiko a more exotic name, "White Pearl", so that they charge at a higher price for the same thing.

It stopped the itch, but by evening, I was getting more rashes on other parts of my body.


I feel so cheated.

***************************

On a separate note, I came across this picture when I was looking for a picture for White Pearl Cream:






What has this picture gotta do with white pearl cream?

10 Comments:

Blogger Sibeh Sian said...

The picture you posted is damaged: I can't see the upper portion!

Anyway, Olay works wonders for rashes. Serious.

11:09 PM  
Blogger NoneOfYrBusiness said...

white pearl cream direct translate means.

white pearl means the panty
cream means her down there is creamy

11:33 PM  
Blogger eZeR. said...

i was wondering how old u are... can u park ur reply on my tagboard?tnx..






white pearl may mean u'll get the smoothest (like white pearl) skin (thus,the pic..), if u use the stuff....


i dunno...

9:40 AM  
Blogger Green Ogre said...

It's the oldest trick in the book. Sex sells. And now men will queue up like mad to buy White Pearl Cream.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

sibeh sian: u develop rashes fm using olay, didn't u?

noneofyrbusiness: wah lau .... your translation win liao lor!

bittersweet: better now, thanks! if they were referring to the texture and colour of the skin, how can that treat rashes??

ezer: no, a woman's age is a secret! dats right, it gives u smooth and creamy skin, but it doesn't cure the rashes!

green ogre: hahahah ... i guess u're one of those queueing up then? heheh ...

10:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

perhaps you had a skin allergy? it happens sometimes, despite people not having medication allergies. >.<

good to know you're much better now. i guess its just another marketing name for Mopiko. besides, 'white pearl cream' sounds much better than Mopiko, don't you think? :D

2:42 PM  
Blogger Sibeh Sian said...

Ezer: Adrenaline is 15.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

ensui: i'm really not sure. it could skin allergy, or food allergy. After all, i didnt visit a proper doctor.

sibeh sian: ....

2:35 PM  
Blogger Ang Ku Kueh said...

if white pearl cream can make me look like that, i'll get a carton and slather myself all over.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Adrenaline said...

akk: agree!

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home